Barrier-Free Web Surfing
Boston-IA Meeting, June 7, 2007
This page lists web sites that demonstrate various accessibility issues, as demonstrated at the Boston-IA meeting of June 7, 2007. All links display new sites and open new windows. This page uses access keys.
Sites to Test for Accessibility
Image-Based, Poor Forms:
The Christie Cookie.
Task 1: Choose a tin of cookies to buy.
Task 2: Go to the Registration page to sign up for a user account.
Task 1: Find the accessibility statement.
Task 2: Find the page to register for a user account.
American Express Membership Rewards Catalog
(visited page no longer available).
Task: Read the catalog page.
No Flash Equivalent:
Task: Find music you like.
Bank of America.
Task: Search for a bank office or ATM.
Access Keys on This Page
This page includes the following access keys:
- Access Key 1: The Christie Cookie.
- Access Key 2: Target.com.
- Access Key 3: American Express Membership Rewards Catalog.
- Access Key 4: Pandora Radio.
- Access Key 5: Bank of America.
- Access Key 6: Target.com Accessibility Help.
- Access Key 0: Boston-IA Accessibility Features.
On Windows, press Alt plus the access key (and the Enter key in most cases).
On Macintosh, press Control plus the access key.
For more information about using access keys, visit the Boston-IA Accessibility Features page.